The Guyana Foundation is committed to ensuring that all funds and donations are used in an efficient, transparent, and accountable manner.
As such, we carefully scrutinize all budget costs, and monitor all projects to ensure that donor funds are used in the most efficient manner.
100% of all online donations are given to the projects specified by our donors. Each donor is given a private code number that allows them to track where and how their contributions were used.
Project files are maintained at our headquarters in Guyana for each donation received, whether monetary or non-monetary, and these files are available to our donors upon request.
We cover our administrative expenses through fundraisers, and with donations from private donors.
Donors are strongly encouraged to visit the communities in which we conduct projects so they can witness firsthand the impact that their donation is making.
The values that are essential to the achievement of our vision, and the fulfillment of our mission, are integrity, moral courage, empathy and accountability. We commit to respecting the following principles:
- We undertake to be open, honest and accountable in our relationships with everyone we work with and with each other.
- We are democratic, politically non-partisan and non-sectarian in our work.
- The positions we take will be based on sound, objective and professional analysis and the highest standards of research available to us.
- We will provide accurate and timely reports of our activities to our stakeholders.
- We will strive for balanced and diverse representation on our governing bodies.